Nashville, TN (August 27, 2012) -- Media excitement surrounds THE ROYS' new EP, NEW DAY DAWNING (Rural Rhythm Records), which will be in stores tomorrow. The trendy brother/sister duo is launching its new music by utilizing a well-timed blitz campaign of television, radio, web appearances and social media. The outreach connects with multiple-genre targets, including Bluegrass, Country and Americana outlets.
- AOL Listening Party (August 27 - September 3) / AOL Music with cross-promotion on AOL's Country site, The Boot.
- SiriusXM Freewheelin' (Road Dog Trucking Radio Channel, Sirius 147 and XM 171) /The duo will perform live in studio today from 1 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern.
- Fox News "Edge" / Lee and Elaine will tape an interview and performance segment today for airing on 160 station affiliates and on Fox News Edge tomorrow, Tuesday, August 28.
- Country Music Chat (#CMChat with Jessica Northey) / The siblings log on to Twitter Tuesday, August 28 and begin their chat at 5 p.m. Eastern.
- Bluegrass Radio Network's Into The Blue with Terry Herd will air an album profile/interview on WSM Radio September 2 from 9-10 pm and on the other 138 affiliated stations of the Bluegrass Radio Network during the week of September 2 - 8. Times and stations can be found at the BRN website.
- GAC-TV's "On The Streets" gives a nod to the duo and the new EP tomorrow, Tuesday, August 28. Check local listings for show times.
- Exclusive video contentwas created especially for the following online destinations: Huffington Post, Billboard, Maverick, ParcBench, Roughstock, HighwayFM, Focusonthe615, TheAlternateRoot and BluegrassNation.
As part of their NEW DAY DAWNING pre-release media blitz, THE ROYS have already enjoyed an exclusive premiere of their "Still Standing" Lyric Video on PRESCRIPTION BLUEGRASS and a seven-week promotion with BLUEGRASS TODAY that featured a different video track each week. SiriusXM Bluegrass Junction Channel 61 aired an in-depth "Track-by-Track" profile hosted by Kyle Cantrell August 22 - 26.
The seven-song EP (a first for a Bluegrass artist) finds the duo breaking new ground, focusing the spotlight on the siblings' impressive traditional-style vocals, while progressive instrumental attitudes are keeping their sound fresh. Their current single "Still Standing" has been dubbed "Their strongest outing yet," by Music Row's Robert K. Oermann. Other disc highlights abound and include the touching "Daddy To Me," the moving "Windin' Roads," the visually descriptive and heartbreaking "Grandpa's Barn" and the "hooky" "Fast As We Roll."
THE ROYS' first Rural Rhythm Records' CD, LONESOME WHISTLE, earned them a spot on BILLBOARD'S Top 50 Bluegrass Albums of 2011 Chart and gave them two hit singles: "Coal Minin' Man" and "Trailblazer." The duo was named 2011 Inspirational Country Music's Bluegrass Artist of the Year and was previously honored with the ICM's Duo of the Year award in 2010 and 2009.
In case you missed Lee and Elaine's most-recent interviews, click on Inside Music Row and Urban Country News.
ABOUT THE ROYS
With over 150 dates booked so far this year, Lee and Elaine have shared the stage with George Jones, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Ricky Skaggs, John Rich, Darryl Worley, Doyle Lawson, Janie Fricke, The Oak Ridge Boys, Rhonda Vincent and Chris Young. They have enjoyed high-profile TV gigs, including performances on Fox & Friends, Daytime, The Daily Buzz, ABC's What's The Buzz, GAC's Headline Country, RFD's Campfire Café and Larry's Country Diner and more. THE ROYS were recently featured in the PBS television special Pa's Fiddle: Charles Ingalls, American Fiddler and have hosted seven episodes of the Bluegrass Mountains television show.
Copies of NEW DAY DAWNING are available at retail outlets Wal-Mart, Music Millennium, The Country Music Hall of Fame, The Disc Exchange, Ernest Tubb Record Shops and online at AMAZON and iTunes.
For The Roys
so much MOORE media
Martha E. Moore, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-746-3994
New Day Dawning CD Cover (Hi Res)
THE ROYS' Press Photo (Hi Res)
Rural Rhythm Records
Label Media: Penni McDaniel, email@example.com, 678-377-3298